Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Tribute

This is a tribute of some of my co-workers. If you are not mentioned, it doesn't mean that you will be forgotten.

Sophia, you and I never really saw eye to eye. And I will be the first to admit that you would get on my last nerve on a regular basis. But (and there is always a but), I admire you for not retiring and continuing to work. I can only hope that my family has not put me in a home by then (I suspect it's been picked out already!).

To my podmate, Pauline. Cathy asked me if I thought you would be good in private pay. Yes, you may now blame me for that move. I told Cathy that I thought you had the right stuff and as far as I'm concerned, I was right. You speak with your hands, and on more than one occasion, I've wondered it that plane was ever going to land. But it's all good. You have become a close friend. And it still and always will amaze me that my brother and your sister were born on the same day and year, both at the same hospital! That you lived around the corner from us at the time. As you always say, "You never know who you will meet again." And I'd say our paths will cross several times more.

Berta, my buddy, my pal. We have now worked together at our last three jobs, I'm not sure I can work somewhere without you. So the plan is, wherever I go, I will tell them if they want me, they have to take you too! But on a very serious note, Berta, you are so compassionate that about your job, to a point that I'd swear that you were the founder and CEO. Berta, I love your sense of humor, the fact that you are able to laugh at yourself. Oh, and Berta? You remind me of my mother. ;)

Going through life in denial is really not the way to go Janice. But if that is the path you choose, be sure to feed my chickens, fertilize my crops and shoo the raccoons away. Janice, kidding aside, we have worked together for two different companies and I've grown to respect your work ethics. I also can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your support in my personal war to quit smoking.
As a single mom of an active and imaginative five year old, you have your hands full and when you took on the responsibility as Team Lead for your little troupe, I was proud of you Holly. Management made the right choice. You have a love for your co-workers and your family. It shines through when you talk about them and the discovery of your extended family in Italy. I hope you meet them all soon.

Nancy, I'll will hear your laughter and the call of "In coming!" in my sleep. Regardless of the mood or stress in the office or others, you managed to laugh. Thank you for that.

Ellen, you may be the smallest in stature, but you are larger than life when it comes to your work and friendships. As a team leader, you took on projects than most and never seemed to let it bother you. The calm you show under stress makes you that great leader.

You are never at a loss for words, Debbie, and always you speak your mind. This combination has not necessarily made you most popular with some but always with me. Over the past two years we have worked together, laughed together and cried together. While I wish that I would have been asked to stay, I'm very glad that they asked you.

Cynthia, I have to admit that most of the time that I worked with you I honestly didn't think you were all that fond of me. But I did feel respect from you as I hope you felt from me. I can not remember the last time I worked for a woman that worked so hard for her employees. I can't say enough about what you tried to do for us and I'm sure you wish it would have been more.

Scarecrow, I'm going to miss you most of all. Cathy, I'm sure that there have been times when you wished that you never hired me. I know at times I gave you a hard time. Feel free to think of me as one of those tests that you have during your lifetime. It was an honor to work for and with you. Of all the new friends I met here, you have become one of my closest friends. And Cathy? When I left, we were zero calls out...
Of course there are many more women that I worked with, all great in what they do, all have touched me in one way or another. Everyone of you is a class act...best of everything in the future.
















































0 comments:

Post a Comment